With that said, here is this week’s issue of Ambitious Musings:
What I Read This Week That Can Have An Impact For You
- Cool Podcast I did with Derek Johanson for the Optimized Man Podcast
- Ace Your Exams: Study Tactics of the Successful Gentleman Scholar (one you learn how people learn and study you can create products that appeal to them)
- Build Your Platform – Start by Chris Brogan
- They Are Wrong About Your Potential by Craig Ballantyne
Things I Spent My Money On This Week
- My new book Champions came out on Thursday. It features 20+ entrepreneurs including Ryan Lee, Nick Nanton and others.
- Course About Building A Course from AppSumo
- A really nice bow tie (heading to the Grammy’s next week)
What I Learned This Week
1. No matter how cool you are, or think you are, when marketing your products it’s all about the person buying. This is something that I know, but I had to be reminded of it. We have some big Facebook Ad campaigns running right now and one look at the landing pages by a friend of mine gave me exactly what I needed.
While we are giving away a free copy of a best-selling book, no one really cares. All they care about it what the book is going to do for them. Punch them in the guts with what your product can do for them. If your marketing only does one thing, make sure it’s that.
2. Make sure you are ready when an opportunity comes. We have a HUGE promotion scheduled for Tuesday and while everything to do with this offer is solid, I am not quite ready for the backend and knowing what to do with an influx of customers. We do not have our membership program ready to go and the gap in prices is too steep to offer anything premium too fast.
We are going back to the drawing board and pulling late nights, but it may prove to be too little, too late. Make sure you are always ready for big things. You never know when they are going to come and sometimes they happen really fast.
This week I want to leave you with a little to-do task. Do something for someone this week. Invite someone to an event. Send someone a book in the mail. Buy a stranger a drink.
The more and more I learn about life, the more I learn it’s about making people happy and giving them something to smile about. Include people, make them feel welcome and wanted.
Do this and watch how it affects your behavior and how everything comes back around to you. But don’t do it for that reason. Do it because you might just make a new friend.
Till next week,
P.S. If you would like to receive the latest news about the Radically Ambitious Podcast as well as Greg’s Ambitious Musings, simply enter your name and email on this page and join thousands of entrepreneurs who are working towards creating their own New Rich Lifestyle.